Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 15 September 2021
1 - DEFINITIONS
These Terms and Conditions together with the documents referred to in them (T&Cs or Agreement) constitute and govern the contractual relationship between the parties: STS.Bet Limited (hereinafter referred to as STS) and you, as the user, (hereinafter referred to as you or the Player).
The following terms and expressions are to be interpreted as follows, unless clearly stated otherwise:
- Account means a personal account opened by the Player and maintained by STS allowing Players to participate in the Services.
- Game means any gaming activity offered by STS on the Website for the benefit of Players, approved by the appropriate Regulatory Authority.
- Live Casino means an online version of a traditional casino, enabling Players to play and wager on casino games played through the Internet in real time.
- Login and Password mean login and password details that are chosen by the Player upon registering on the Website.
- Practice Game means Games that are offered for limited gameplay in a special mode which does not require making payments. The sole purpose of this mode is to enable the Player to try out the Games offered before placing bets with real cash on Real Game mode. To be able to access this option, the Player needs to verify their age.
- Registration Form means a form that the Player fills in to create a Player Account.
- Regulatory Authority means the Gambling Commission (Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4BP email address: [email protected]
- Service means all Games, services and activities related to them and listed on the Website, including, but not limited to online sportsbook and casino services.
- Software means software licensed by STS, including all programs and databases and any other derived content whether accessible or otherwise used by the Player through the Website, allowing them to participate in the Services.
- Website means www.stsbet.co.uk and all other websites connected to it and accessible through links and applications.
2 - AGREEMENT & GENERAL
- T&Cs might be published in several languages for information purposes only. It is the English version that should be deemed as the legal basis of the relationship between the Player and STS. In case of any discrepancy between a non-English version and the English version, the English version shall prevail.
- The division of the T&Cs into sections and the insertion of headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of the T&Cs.
- STS refers to STS.Bet Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Malta, having the following registered address: STS Gaming Group, Skyway Offices, block C, 3rd floor (C5), 177/179 Triq Marina, Pieta, PTA9042, Malta.
- STS is licensed to provide Services by the Gambling Commission (Regulatory Authority), pursuant to a licence with account number 54498. The licence was issued under Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005 on 23 May 2019.
- All Players accessing the Website agree to act accordingly to the T&Cs, governing the use of the Services. The T&Cs describes terms, conditions, and risks applicable to the use of the Website. The Player should contact Customer Support before using the Services, should they have any questions regarding the T&Cs.
- The Player must read and accept all of the T&Cs without any modifications, before they may become an active and registered user of the Website. By continuing to access or use the Website, the Player agrees to abide by and declares that the T&Cs presented herein and all those incorporated by reference have been understood. If the Player does not agree to be bound by the T&Cs and does not wish to use or access the Website after registering, they must inform us in writing immediately.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and all legal actions or proceedings arising under this Agreement will be brought exclusively in courts located in England, and the parties hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein.
- STS will not be liable in any way to any persons in the event of force majeure, or for the act of any government or other legal authority. If any provision in this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this will in no way affect other provisions of this Agreement - those will remain valid and enforceable.
- Failure of a party to enforce any rule, right or provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed as a waiver of said right or provision.
- STS may assign this Agreement or any rights and/or obligations hereunder without the Player’s consent.
- STS may revise and change the T&Cs from time to time for a number of reasons, including in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations and/or to keep up to date with changes to the Website, the Services we offer and/or our business practices.
- Amended version of the T&Cs will be posted on the Website. In case of any material changes in the T&Cs, a pop-up box will inform the Player upon the next login that the T&Cs have been updated. The Player will be requested to agree with the updated T&Cs before accessing the Account. By continuing to use the Website, the Player agrees to be bound by the updated T&Cs. If the Player does not agree to the changes, they will not be able to continue to use the Website, the Account or any of the Services. In case of non-material changes the Player will not necessarily be notified, and the T&Cs posted on the Website. By continued use of the Website and the Services following any such changes shall constitute acceptance of the T&Cs as modified.
3 - AVAILABILITY
- The Services are available to and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under the applicable law.
- From time to time, all or part of the Website may be unavailable for use by the Player due to maintenance of the Website and/or alteration or amendment of any of the Website’s products.
- STS provides no guarantee for the uninterrupted availability or the service ability of the services offered, yet will take reasonable efforts to correct any possible errors and/or problems.
- For time-critical events, the Player might be at a disadvantage because of technical issues such as slower network speeds, or slower end user device performance.
- Services are restricted to individuals over the age of 18. If the Player is a person under the age of 18, they are forbidden from using the Services. Under no circumstances can a person under 18 years of age access our Services (Practice Game Mode & Real Game Mode). Please bear in mind that it is a criminal offence to gamble when under the age of 18.
- STS is obliged to require Players to provide proof of age and to disable their activities if there are reasons to believe that they are not over 18 years of age.
- The right to access and/or use the Website may be illegal in certain countries. The Player is responsible for determining whether accessing and/or using the Website is legal in their jurisdiction. It is forbidden to use any software or technology that allows circumventing any geo-restrictions. A Virtual Private Network (VPN) and such behaviour should be deemed as fraud. In the case of the Player's misconduct, STS has the right to refuse and/or cancel Services.
4 - REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNT RULES
- In order to participate in Services as a Player, the Registration Form needs to be completed on the Website in which the Player must provide us with the below-mentioned information. By accessing the Website and creating the Account, the Player declares to provide valid, complete and correct information. Any false information, misrepresentation or impersonation, use of false headers or other acts to omit or conceal the true identity from STS for any purposes will be deemed as fraudulent and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Player is expected to provide STS with:
- Name and address - the Player will be asked to provide valid and relevant information about their identity (including name and address) upon accessing the Website for the first time.
- Date of Birth - the Player needs to confirm that they are over 18 years of age and provide us with their date of birth. It is a criminal offence to gamble while being underage, therefore no person under 18 years of age may register as a Player. STS will conduct a verification of the Player’s age in accordance to the rules specified below.
- Place of residence - the Player needs to prove their place of residence by providing a utility bill or a bank statement. The document needs to be no older than 3 months.
- Valid email address and mobile number.
- Personal and confidential Username - the Username must be unique and clearly identifiable. Offensive, improper or indecent usernames are forbidden. STS reserves the right to suspend Accounts with unacceptable Usernames.
- Password - please choose a strong and unpredictable password for security reasons. The Player is responsible for ensuring that the Password is kept safe and secret.
- The Player must register using their own name. It is strictly forbidden to register on a third party’s behalf. Such action should be deemed as fraud.
- Provided information needs to be kept up-to-date. The Player is responsible for making required changes of name, address and email address on their Account, or informing Customer Support about them, without any delay.
- By registering the Account the Player promises and declares that:
- They understand and accept the risk that, by using the Services, they may win or lose money.
- They are not located in any jurisdiction where gambling is illegal.
- They are at least 18 years of age.
- They have not been excluded from gambling - whether voluntarily or otherwise.
- They have never been diagnosed as a compulsive gambler and do not have any mental issues which might affect their judgement or decision-making.
- They are opening the Account solely for their personal use, and not acting on behalf of someone else.
- They are rightful owners of the money that they deposit at any time in the Account, and that they do not deposit any money originating from criminal and/or other illegal activities.
- They are not depositing money through a payment method which is not in their name.
- All the registration details are correct and complete.
- Should it be revealed upon the verification process that information provided is false or inaccurate, STS is entitled to suspend or terminate the Account and retain any winnings. Furthermore, the Account may be blocked or closed if the Player will not provide the requested information or documents or if they provide STS with false or misleading documents. Accounts with incorrect or misleading information are not entitled to any winnings, including Jackpots. No winnings will be paid out in such an event.
- The Player is responsible for keeping the Username and Password secure. STS holds no responsibility for any loss of funds or damage caused due to any act or omission if the Player caused unauthorised, inappropriate or irregular use of the Account.
- It is strictly forbidden for the Player to register another (duplicate) Account - only one Account per person is permitted. Holding more than one Account is known as multi-accounting and is strictly prohibited and should be deemed as fraudulent, regardless of whether the duplicate Account is registered under the Player’s own details, details of a third party or false details. STS reserves the right to close all multiple accounts at any time. If STS has reasonable grounds to consider that fraud has been committed, it reserves the right to cancel any related transaction, bonus or any other promotion without prejudice to any other action.
- If the Player notices that they have more than one account, the Player must notify STS immediately.
- It is prohibited to sell, transfer and/or acquire Accounts to/from other Players. Where there is a right to believe such transfer took place, STS reserves the right to close such accounts and withhold any winnings.
- There is no general right to registration and participation in the Services. The registration may be refused or the Account may be closed by STS in our sole discretion (for example in cases, including but not limited to, providing false details, multi-accounting, bonus abuse, fraudulent activity or a negative risk assessment).
- The registration and setting up of the Account are free of charge.
- STS reserves the right to inform any applicable authority, including regulators such as the Gambling Commission, of any detail of activity on your Account, including any bet placed.
5 - CUSTOMER VERIFICATION
- Electronic verification checks on the Player’s identity are carried out upon the registration and afterwards during the term of the relationship with the Player, if necessary and required as per STS sole discretion., Whilst STS aims to make the process as seamless and unobtrusive as possible, please bear in mind that it is possible that further information and documents will have to be obtained directly from the Player.
- Electronic verification checks are conducted with the usage of a third party- service provider. The electronic verification checks might result in the following:
- information which the Player inserts may be disclosed to a credit reference agency, which may keep a record of that information;
- the credit reference agency may disclose that information, and the fact that a search was made, to its other customers for the purposes of assessing the risk of giving credit and occasionally to prevent fraud, money laundering and to trace debtors.
- The Players are not allowed to gamble unless their identity is verified. Thus, if they do not pass the electronic verification check, they have to be verified manually and asked to provide required documentation to us respectively. All provided documentation should be legible, readable, in the right format, not cropped, and shall be according to further specifications that we might ask you. A non-exhaustive list of accepted documentation and/or information we may request from you for this purpose is included in the Know Your Customer section of the Website.
- When STS needs further information and documents from the Player, then verification usually takes up to 48 hours from STS after receiving all the requested documents. We always try to make sure this is done as soon as possible but sometimes, the verification times may be longer. We suggest sending all the requested documents at once, as not doing so will lengthen the processing of documents. All documents are processed in chronological order.
- The Player must be age verified in order to process deposits, access Practise Game Mode, Real Game Mode or engage in any type of wager either with real money or bonuses. If the Player will not verify their age, they will not be permitted to gamble.
6 - PASSWORD SECURITY
- The Player is advised to choose a strong and unpredictable password for security reasons. Keeping the password safe and secret is the Player’s responsibility, and it should never be revealed to others.
- It is the Player's responsibility to keep their Username and Password confidential. Gameplay on the Account will be considered valid, regardless of who participates in the Game. The Player should notify STS immediately should any concerns regarding security and privacy arise, in order for new security details to be created.
- STS is in no way responsible for the potential access to the Account by a third party and will not be held responsible for any eventual loss of funds or damage suffered due to the illicit use of the Password by a third party. It is the Player's sole responsibility to ensure the security of their login details.
7 - LEGAL RESTRICTIONS
- The Player confirms they understand that laws regarding online gambling vary throughout the world, and it is their responsibility to ensure compliance with any legislation relevant to their country of residence. The ability to access the Website does not mean that Services are legal under the jurisdiction relevant to the Player’s country of residence. It is forbidden to use any software or technology that allows circumventing any geo-restrictions, for example, a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- Only residents of the United Kingdom are allowed to register on the Website. Residents of all other countries are prohibited from registering on the Website and using the Services.
- STS does not intend that the Services should be available in countries in which online betting is illegal. The Website does not constitute an offer, solicitation or invitation to use the Services in any jurisdiction in which such activities are prohibited by law.
- Should a Player violate these conditions and register from a restricted country, STS reserves the right to close the Account permanently and return the Player's deposits (minus any withdrawn winnings).
8 - LIMITED USE
- STS grants the Player a non-exclusive, non-transferable and limited personal licence to use the Website.
- The Player shall not copy or resell any marketing materials appearing on the Website without a direct, prior, written consent from STS.
- The Player agrees to use the information received only for the purpose of using Services and executing transactions inside and within the Website. It is forbidden to use any electronic communication feature available on the Website, for any purpose that is unlawful, indecent, harassing, abusive, intrusive, defamatory, obscene, threatening or in other ways hateful or harmful.
9 - MISCONDUCT
- Misconduct is forbidden on the Website. It is deemed as a violation of the T&Cs if the Player, amongst others:
- Provides inaccurate, false or incomplete information intentionally.
- Attempts to manipulate a result of the games through concerted practices, alterations of the program or in any other undue way. This includes, but is not limited to, situations in which evidence suggests that a group of players have placed identical or a similar series of bets.
- Purposely cause malfunctions or defects on the Website in order to undermine the natural flow of the game.
- Register multiple accounts.
- Violate any other provisions of the T&Cs.
- It is forbidden to decompile, attempt to decompile the software on the Website or develop any software that interferes with the software used on the Website. It is strictly prohibited to use any software or program that facilitates artificial intelligence, together with any software that allows players to cheat or give them an unjust advantage while using the Services. STS is entitled to take all necessary steps and actions in order to detect and prevent the use of such technology. Should STS identify or have grounds to believe that the prohibited software was used, we reserve the right to freeze the Account, return any deposits (minus withdrawn winnings) and/or to block the Player from using the Services in the future.
- The Player shall not send to or post on STS website content that is unlawful or infringes upon the rights of third parties. In particular, the Player agrees to:
- respect the privacy of other players,
- not to post or create any racist, xenophobic or otherwise derogatory, pornographic or sexually derogatory comments on the website;
- not to harass or threaten other players in any way;
- not to post advertisements or chain letters;
- not to scout and collect personal data about other players without their explicit consent;
- not to transmit any kind of viruses and spam or any other kind of interference or interruption of other computer systems and programmes;
- not to post or distribute messages for the sole purpose of transmitting religious, political or ideological content.
- When contacting Customer Support via chat or e-mail, the Player must not use abusive or offensive language, harassment, threats, send spam or chain letters, nor make any racist, xenophobic or otherwise derogatory, pornographic or sexually derogatory remarks.
- In the event of misconduct, STS is entitled to immediately terminate the Agreement and exclude the Player from further use of the Website. Further, STS is entitled to interrupt and void ongoing games and/or bets, to block the Player or the Account without prior notice, and to retain a Player's credit and winnings achieved through misconduct until clarification of the situation. If the misconduct is then later confirmed, STS reserves the right to confiscate any winnings.
10 - ACCOUNT CANCELLATION
- STS is entitled to refuse, cancel the Services, and/or refuse to payout winnings to anyone for reasons including, but not limited to:
- If STS has a justified reason to believe that the Player's activities on the Website may be illegal, fraudulent or unlawful.
- If STS may suffer any fiscal, regulatory, or monetary disadvantage due to the Player’s activity.
- If one or more transactions on the Website are considered to be performed in violation of the Agreement.
- If the Player’s activity is considered to be fraudulent, illegal, unlawful, or for improper purposes.
- If it is considered that the Player used the Website in an unfair manner, cheated or took unfair advantage of STS or any of its players or if the account is used for the benefit of a third party.
- If STS is requested to do so by the authorities.
- If the Account is deemed to be dormant and its balance is, or reaches zero.
- If STS has reasonable belief that the Player committed or in any way was involved in fraudulent proceedings or activities of any kind, STS reserves the right to terminate the Agreement, close the Account and withhold all remaining funds in the Account. Fraudulent activity may be considered as, amongst others: forgery, use of stolen or falsified debit cards or account numbers, organised betting, collusion and submission of data or documents which are forged, stolen or otherwise misappropriated.
11 - ABORTED GAMES AND ERRORS
- In the event of any information incorrectly published on the Website, STS will take remedial action in order to rectify and amend the data in the system so as to reflect the correct information. Any affected winnings will be amended accordingly.
- Should a game be aborted for any reason whatsoever, all players’ transactions are always accurately logged on our systems, therefore, we will always have access to determine what bets were placed and what happened during gameplay. Kindly contact Customer Support for any queries via email on [email protected]
- We reserve the right to amend or declare results void with hindsight, if the result was caused by a technical fault, fraudulent behaviour of the Player or through a fake wager. We reserve the right to recall any payment made in error.
- In case of detecting any suspicious, fraudulent activity in relation to any sports event or in case of any potential match-fixing, STS reserves the right to cancel its offer on the said event and void any bets placed on that event.
- Should a sports event be cancelled, STS is entitled to terminate its offer on the said event and/or consider placed bets as void.
- STS reserves the right to terminate events or games without prior notice, whenever it deems necessary and/or due to errors in the software or games, which cause games to malfunction or work incorrectly.
12 - REAL GAME MODE
- Every Player that is over 18 and age verified, after registering and making a deposit, is entitled to play in Real Game mode, namely for real cash.
- In order to participate in the Real Game Mode with real stakes, the Player needs to deposit money to their Account.
13 - PRACTICE GAME MODE
- Every Player that is over 18 and age verified, is entitled to play in Practice Game mode that does not require the Player to deposit or bet any money.
- Practice Game mode serves for practice and entertainment purposes only, allowing players to familiarise themselves with the Games. Please bear in mind that fun money and winnings in Practice Game mode cannot be transferred into the Account as real cash balance, bonus balance or be withdrawn.
14 - LIVE CASINO
- The Live Casino games supplier monitors all live casino game tables, and all chat rooms are moderated. In case of any concerns, the Player can contact the Live Casino dealer via the chat option at any time. Using abusive or offensive language, making matrimonial offers, sexual comments or threats, harassment, sending spam or chain letters, nor making any racist, xenophobic or otherwise derogatory, pornographic or sexually derogatory remarks is prohibited and may result in the chat becoming unavailable for the Player.
- The live casino games supplier might notify us about any concerns and statements indicating a gambling problem of the Player and this will be reviewed, adhering to the terms of our internal responsible gambling policies and procedures.
- All live casino games are recorded. In case of a croupier’s mistake, the video footage of the contested hand or game round will be reviewed by the game provider. Such decisions will then be reviewed by STS. The round in question may then be declared void - in this case, all the stakes will be refunded and all winnings considered null.
- Live Casino games can be played for real cash and bonus money. STS prohibits placing bets explicitly and/or persistently with money and/or bonus money, with chances of winning equal to or more than 70% (sure bet). STS reserves the right to block any Account and prevent and/or withhold any winnings or payout obtained by a Player violating the T&Cs and/or rules of the platform.
15 - DEPOSITS
- Deposits can be made only via the Website. The Player can use any method available on the Website. Available payment methods, associated fees and requirements may vary. STS does not guarantee that all payment methods will be available at all times.
- Funds are held on the Account solely and specifically for using them to place a bet and settling fees or charges that may incur in connection with the use of the Services.
- STS is entitled to suspend or close the Account if there is a reasonable belief that the Player is depositing funds without any intention to gamble. In such circumstances, STS may also be obliged to file a report to the relevant authorities.
- STS has the right to impose particular conditions on the use of certain payment methods if enforced by payment providers or regulatory social responsibility obligations and requirements, or if it is linked to suspicious activity.
- STS has the right to change the list of available payment methods offered at any time.
- Unless otherwise stated, all amounts given on the Website are in Pounds Sterling. For any transaction which requires a currency exchange, the applicable exchange rate will apply.
- STS has the right to request further information and documentation regarding the Player’s age, identity, place of residence, source of funds, source of wealth or ownership of payment methods in order to fulfill its requirements in terms of social responsibility, anti-money laundering and any other obligations.
- STS reserves the right to request an image of the debit card (both sides) which was used to make a deposit at any time. To secure personal data, the Player will be asked to hide the CVV and leave only the first 6 and last 4 digits visible (other card number digits should be covered).
- The minimum deposit amount per transaction is at least £10. The maximum deposit amount depends on the payment method available on the Website chosen by the Player.
- STS does not charge for deposits made by debit card, however, please be aware that some card issuers consider betting transactions as ‘cash’ payments and therefore may charge a cash advance fee. Please check with your card issuer for further details.
- STS has the right to request from the Player a proof of payment made to the Account held with STS.
- All payments must be made from a payment method on which the Player is named as an account holder. Third party deposits are not permitted. It is the Player's responsibility not to use payment instruments belonging to a third party.
- STS reserves the right to request any information or additional documentation to confirm who is the account holder of the payment method used. STS has the right not to proceed with the refund of third party deposits if the Player is unable to provide the requested documentation.
- STS holds player funds separate from company funds in separate bank accounts with our banking suppliers. These funds are not protected in the event of insolvency (not protected segregation). For further information on the Gambling Commission’s approach and requirements concerning the protection of customer funds, please visit:
16 - WITHDRAWALS
- A request for withdrawal cannot be made while the Player is involved in a gaming session.
- The personal data of the Player, and the owner of the payment method must correspond. STS reserves the right to request further documentation for proof of identity and verification of the payment method account owner. STS also has the right not to process a withdrawal request until we receive the requested documentation - in such a situation the balance will be credited back to the Account.
- In order to protect your funds from an unauthorized outflow, we might request proof of ownership of the payment method used for a payout that we were not able to verify before the request has been made.
- As it is specified on the Website, all withdrawals can only be addressed strictly to the registered Player.
- All withdrawals must be done through the same payment method chosen by you when placing a deposit, unless we decide otherwise or are unable to do so. If you deposit using a number of payment methods, we reserve the right to split your withdrawal across such payment methods and process each part through the respective payment method at our discretion and in accordance with anti-money laundering policies and regulation. We may request that you redirect your withdrawal or cancel it or request that it is redirected to a different method of withdrawal in accordance with anti-money laundering policies and/or regulation.
- Once a withdrawal request is submitted, it can take STS up to 3 (three) business days to process the request. However, STS will do its best to process withdrawal requests immediately. Please bear in mind that it is impossible to cancel a withdrawal request.
- Please be informed that a five percent (5%) administrative charge to cover the payment provider fee will be applied for payout requests, for amounts deposited with STS that haven’t been used at least once. Before such a payout can be approved, it has to be assessed and confirmed according to our internal policies and procedures.
- It is the Player who is responsible for reporting winnings and losses to the tax and/or other authorities in an applicable jurisdiction.
- In case additional information and/or documents are necessary upon withdrawal request, and subject to regulatory requirements, STS reserves the right to reject such a withdrawal request after 30 days without receiving any aforementioned information/documents and to apply limits on the account.
17 - COMPLAINTS
- Our main goal is to provide great customer service to resolve any issue which can appear. However, if the Player has any complaints, they can always address them and contact our Customer Support team by email at [email protected] or via our live chat service. STS Customer Support agents shall reply to the Player confirming the registration of the complaint within 24 hours. STS will also accept any complaints received via third party intermediaries/support tools, such as the Resolver web tool. Nonetheless, complaints placed via social media are not to be considered an official complaint.
- To deal with the complaint as fast as we can, it must contain clear information about the Player’s identity (name, surname, username, registered email and residential address), as well as all relevant details about the issue (name of the game, time and date of an incident with a clear explanation). The Customer Support agents will use their best efforts to promptly resolve a reported issue internally. The whole complaints process should take no more than 8 weeks to be assessed and responded to. Nonetheless, if the Player fails to respond to our reasonable request for additional information within 7 days, it may be reasonable to ‘stop the clock’ until we get a full response. The clock will be restarted from the same point as it was stopped as soon as we receive a requested response. The Player will always be informed about our final decision.
- If you feel that the complaint has not been resolved and/or you are unhappy with how the case was concluded, you can contact a registered Alternative Dispute Resolution Body ”ADR” (eCOGRA): eCOGRA, eCommerce and Online Gambling Regulations and Assurance Telephone Number: +44 20 7887 1480 . Alternatively, UK players may use the European Commission’s ODR platform: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
- Please note that eCogra will only adjudicate on a dispute, if:
- the dispute has occurred within the last 12 months;
- the operator holds a license issued by the Gambling Commission and the dispute concerns a bet / terms and conditions, which are subject to the laws of England, Wales and Scotland;
- a genuine letter of deadlock exists between the Player and STS;
- the matter is unrelated to the terms and conditions of the multi-operator self-exclusion scheme (GAMSTOP);
- the Player is not disputing that STS should have independently intervened in preventing any harm that may have arisen while the player is spending their money.
- Furthermore, please be advised that the Player has the right to bring proceedings to any court of competent jurisdiction.
18 - ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
- No one is allowed to abuse the Website for money laundering purposes. STS reserves the right to refuse or discontinue to do business with, and to reverse the transactions of players, who do not accept the following AML requirements and policies:
- Winnings will be paid exclusively to the individual who initially registered the Account and only to the originating debit card or payment method used.
- When a deposit was made by means of debit card, winnings will be transferred exclusively to the person whose name appears on the card and only to the same card or bank account linked to this card.
- One person can only have one account. No winnings may be withdrawn if the Account was opened using false personal data or if there were multiple accounts opened by the same player.
- To meet its legal obligations, STS is required to perform ongoing monitoring of its players’ activity. STS will complete age verification and identity checks on every player before allowing them to access the Services, however, as part of the ongoing monitoring process, we may request additional documentation or run additional electronic verification at any time during a later stage of the Player’s activity.
- At a certain level of Player’s activity STS might request the Player to provide us with a photo of them holding their ID document and/or undergo a liveness check (by using Player’s device camera they will be required to make a movement).
- STS reserves the right to withhold any funds on the Account, pending the determination of any investigation if there is a suspicion of a breach of the T&Cs, fraudulent or dishonest activity or in order to comply with any advice, request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority.
- If the Player does not respect these rules and regulations, then STS may suspend the Account pending an investigation.
- In order to prevent money laundering, all transactions are checked. Fraudulent and suspicious transactions may be immediately reported to the relevant authorities such as (but not limited to) the National Crime Agency and the Gambling Commission.
19 - RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING
- STS is committed to ensuring its customers gamble responsibly and has a shared responsibility to help our customers to only spend what is within their means and to have a positive playing experience. Our safer gambling approach consists of a monitoring programme to review customer transactions, identify changes in behavior and contact customers.
- STS acknowledges that gambling may be addictive to some and may also negatively affect their lives. Hence, We offer various measures to promote responsible gambling practices. These can be set on the Player’s account by entering the Responsible Gambling subpage and/or by contacting our Customer Support.
- Responsible Gambling measures include:
- Financial limits to the Account (including deposit, loss, and wager limits set daily, weekly and monthly) - once a chosen limit is reached, the system will automatically prohibit any further gameplay. Before limits to the Account can be raised, a 24-hour cooling down period is necessary before the request can be processed. Requests for lower limits or for a renewal of the exclusion period will enter into force immediately.
- Reality check - an alert pop-up will be displayed within the gaming session and indicate the period of time spent on the game. The reality check intervals can be managed in the edit profile section.
- The time-out facility is for the following durations: 24 hours, one week, one month and six weeks (or any other period up to six weeks by contacting our Customer Support [email protected]) - it is impossible to shorten the chosen period once entered. After the indicated time, the Account will reopen automatically.
- Self-exclusion for the following durations: at least six months, twelve months, three years, five years or an infinite period of time. This period may be extended for further periods of at least six months each. It is impossible for the Account to be re-opened for any reason whatsoever until the set period has expired. The self-exclusion remains in place unless positive action is taken by the Player to gamble again after the end of the chosen period. Whenever the player requests a reopening of an account, the final decision is up to STS. Therefore, STS reserves the right to refuse to reopen any account without providing any further explanations.
- Specific description of how the tools work can be found on the Responsible Gambling subpage:
1. Any outstanding bets, where the result is not yet known at the time of entering a self-exclusion, will result in the corresponding sums being paid to the Player after the event has been settled, should the bets result in a win. Also, any remaining funds over the amount of £1 left in the account balance while entering self-exclusion will be immediately refunded. Any balance lower than £1 will be collected and at the end of the year transferred to an organisation delivering or supporting research into the prevention and treatment of gambling-related harms, harm prevention approaches and treatment for those harmed by gambling, due to the fact that proceeding payments below that sum is impossible due to technical issues on the side of the payment provider.
2. If the Player is considering self-exclusion, they may wish to register with GAMSTOP that enables players to self-exclude from all online gambling companies licensed within Great Britain. To find out more and to sign up with GAMSTOP, please visit WWW.GAMSTOP.CO.UK.
3. STS is not responsible for GAMSTOP registration issues such as, but not limited to, personal details mismatch. In order to resolve such matters players must contact GAMSTOP directly at WWW.GAMSTOP.CO.UK.
4. STS shall have no responsibility or liability to players or any third parties for any gambling activity that takes place (including to refund any losses) if they circumvent our self-exclusion procedures by fraudulent means or by deliberately entering incorrect information. To fully investigate such cases we are entitled to request additional forms of documentation, such as ID in hand and phone/voice verification, according to our internal policies and procedures.
5. The Responsible Gambling page contains links to external entities and information which can help in case of addictive gambling. If you believe that you might be addicted to gambling, we encourage you to seek help through these areas of our Website and also contact us through email.
6. We reserve the right to impose limits and/or suspend players’ accounts if we have the grounds to suspect that the Player might be exposed to gambling related harm and if We consider it relevant to stay in line with our policies and procedures.
7. Please be advised that all sensitive data related to a problem gambling or exclusions are collected and kept on records to carry out our statutory functions related to affected individuals. Thus, for cases in which a player's well-being is at stake, STS will take all possible steps to maintain full compliance with the Social Responsibility Code, which could in some cases override GDPR where necessary. STS reserves the right to impose account limitation or account closure should there be any gambling issue recognised in a player’s behaviour.
8. In order to protect the vital interest of those affected by problem gambling who are in a critical situation and are expressing suicidal thoughts to our agents via direct communication, we reserve the right to contact relevant local authorities to seek immediate action.
20 - SPORTS BETTING
These T&Cs include and incorporate Sports Betting Rules that can be found in our Sports Betting section and under the link.
21 - PROMOTIONS AND BONUSES
These T&Cs include and incorporate Marketing and Promotions rules that can be found in our Promotion and Bonuses sections and under the link.
22 - DATA PROCESSING
23 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- All content, trademarks, trade names, logos, and icons are the sole property of STS or its affiliates, therefore, they are protected by copyright laws and international treaties and provisions.
- The Player does not obtain any intellectual property rights to materials on the Website, other than what is set out directly in the T&Cs. The Player is not authorised to delete any copyright notices or other indications of protected intellectual property rights from the materials on the Website.
- Images displayed on the Website are either the property of STS or its affiliates or partners. The Player is not authorised to post, upload, reproduce or distribute any information, software or other material protected by copyright and/or any other intellectual property rights (as well as rights of publicity and privacy) without first obtaining prior written consent.
- The Player shall use the content and information for personal, non-commercial use only and agree not to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit, tamper with or create derivative works of such material and content.
24 - INDEMNIFICATION
- The Player agrees to defend and indemnify STS and its employees, directors, and officers to hold them harmless from and against all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- Access or use of the Website or Services.
- Violation of T&Cs.
- Breach of any applicable laws and/or regulations.
25 - TERM AND TERMINATION
- The term of the Agreement shall be for an indefinite period of time. Should the Player wish to terminate the Agreement, they may do so at any time by sending an email notification to Customer Support, notifying us that they wish either to close the Account permanently or to close their account for an undefined period of time (Account Closure). In case of an Account Closure the Player shall not be able to carry out new transactions.
- The Player has the possibility to close the Account for an undefined period of time when they wish to no longer use our Services. To do so, the Player needs to contact our Customer Support team. Accounts locked by this method can be reopened via a customer’s request if they contact STS Customer Support and the Agreement will be re-entered. No cooling-off period needs to be applied in this scenario.
- To close the Account permanently, the Player needs to contact our Customer Support team. If the Player has closed their account permanently, then the Account cannot be reopened and new Account cannot be opened. STS will honour the customer’s initial intention and the account will not be reopened under any circumstances.
- Any outstanding bets, where the result is not yet known at the time of Account Closure, will result in the corresponding sums being paid to the Player after the event has been settled, should the bets result in a win. Also, any remaining funds left on the account balance while closing an account will be immediately refunded.
- In case the Player is considering closing or suspending the account due to responsible gambling concerns, the Player may wish to apply responsible gambling facilities enumerated in the “Responsible Gambling” section, such as a time-out or self-exclusion.
- There is no general right to participate in the Services, STS is entitled to terminate the Agreement due to safety reasons. STS may do so at any time by sending an email notification to a Player, notifying that their Account will be closed or suspended.
26 - DORMANT ACCOUNTS
- The “Dormant Account” is an Account where no login has been recorded for twelve (12) consecutive months.
- No less than 30 days before classifying an account with any balance as dormant, STS will contact you to inform you about the consequences thereof.
- STS will attempt to repay the deposit balance to the last payment method used before applying administrative fee as stated below.
- Once an Account becomes a Dormant Account, STS applies a five (5) GBP per month administrative fee to your Account for maintaining a Dormant Account. Should the account balance be less than any Dormant Account Fee to be deducted, only the available balance in the account will be taken.
- You may reactivate a Dormant Account by logging into that Account. No further fees will be deducted until another twelve (12) consecutive months of inactivity have passed.
- We reserve the right to close Dormant Accounts with no real money balance.
27 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- STS does not guarantee an uninterrupted availability or the serviceability of the Services. The Games and Services offered by STS are available to the Player using only the current state of technology.
- In case third party user interfaces are used by the Player, the Player accepts that applications may not display full information about their gambling.
- STS supplies steady Services on the Website. Nonetheless, STS does not take responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the Website or Services.
- A player’s computer equipment or mobile device, and Internet connection may affect the performance and/or operation of the Website. STS does not guarantee that the Website will operate without faults or errors or that the Services will be provided without interruption. STS does not hold any liability for failures or issues that might arise due to a Player’s equipment, Internet connection, Internet or telecommunication service provider.
- STS does not hold any liability for any interruption or errors of Games or Website downtime. Furthermore, STS holds no liability for the existence of or damage caused by damaging components on the Website or the corresponding server and/or viruses which could lead to any damage to the computer or software of the Player. Moreover, all winnings from bets, wagers and/or stakes placed on any Games which contain an error shall be voided and STS shall only be responsible to return the respective bet, stake or wager placed to the Player.
- STS does not hold any liability for damages caused by mistakes of data entry, storage and/or processing of the data and by the incompleteness and inaccuracy of transmitted data. STS also reserves the right to correct obvious mistakes during the storage and processing of results, including but not limited to, mistakes relating to the identity of the Players, wagers etc. If such a mistake occurs due to errors or software problems, causing a game to miscarry and/or abort, the game will be deemed void and the wagered amount will be refunded to the Player. STS also reserves the right to limit and/or refuse bets, whenever it deems this to be necessary due to any errors, software malfunctions or similar circumstances.
- Under no circumstances STS shall be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of the Website or Services, from any content posted on or through the Website or Services, or from the conduct of any players of the Website.
- Under no circumstances shall STS or any of its directors or employees be liable to the Player for any damages whatsoever, such as (but not limited to): incidental or any type of consequential damages, which may arise from, or in connection with the Player’s use of the Website or Services, including (but not limited to) quality, accuracy or utility of the information provided.
- STS is not liable for any damages caused by the incorrect or faulty use of the Account by the Player or third parties.
- STS will not be held responsible for any mistakes made by you during the placing of a bet, including the amount of the stake or the side of the bet, and such mistake will not affect the validity of a bet or its ability to be accepted on the Services.
- STS does not hold any liability for any loss of winnings caused by Games that are interrupted.
- STS shall in no event and under no circumstances, be liable for any losses and/or damages that are deemed or alleged to have resulted from or caused by its Internet Site or its content, including, without limitation, any person’s use or misuse of the Internet Site or its content, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, communication line failure, or any errors or omissions in content.
- In case of infringement of the T&Cs by the Player, the Player shall indemnify STS from any claims by third parties and bear any losses, costs or damages resulting thereof.
- STS shall not be held responsible for any typing, technical or human error in the operation of the Services. In the event of any error, STS reserves the right to void any affected bets or correct the error. Where a correction by STS changes the terms of a bet, the Player will be given the opportunity to accept the revised terms prior to the bet being deemed void.
- The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by the law in the applicable jurisdiction, and in no event shall the STS cumulative liability to the Player exceed the amount of money transferred or deposited on the Website in relation to the transaction giving rise to such liability.