Know Your Customer
As per current legal obligations, we are required to perform identity verification checks on customers before allowing them to participate in gambling.
STS aims to make this process as seamless as possible by using electronic identity verification tools; however, in some situations, we need to complete these checks by requesting documents directly from the customer.
In the event where the customer fails to complete the identity verification checks, access to the player account will be limited until they are completed successfully.
We might ask you to provide copies of:
- a valid Passport, National Identity Card or Driving Licence;
- a picture of yourself holding your ID, Passport or Driving Licence;
- a proof of address, which cannot be older than 3 months and needs to display the issuing date: utility bill (gas, electric, satellite television or a landline phone bill), local authority council tax bill for the current council tax year, current UK driving licence (but only if not used for ID evidence), bank statement, HMRC self-assessment letters or a tax demand dated within the current financial year.
Please note that we do not accept mobile phone bills and account statements issued by online banks as proof of address.
We will always require two separate documents to prove your identity and address; a single document can not cover both requests.
Due to security reasons, any documents should always be uploaded to the player account: My Profile -> Documents.
In addition, to assure our customers' funds are secure, we might request you to provide further documents proving your identity and ownership of used payment methods at any later stage in line with our security standards.
Further document requests
STS is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission; therefore, as part of its licensing obligation, we need to get a better understanding of the source of funds used on gambling.
At a certain level of activity, we ask our customers to provide evidence to confirm the source(s) of funds being used. This is part of our ongoing due diligence and applies to all customers. It’s worth to keep in mind that all betting and gaming operators licensed by the UK Gambling Commission have the same obligations to conduct these checks.
For us to be able to complete these enhanced obligations, the provided source of funds/wealth documentation needs to evidence the actual source(s) of funds used to bet or play with and match up with the betting activity on your account.
To fulfil the above, you can provide us with:
- a proof of earnings: Payslip/Director remuneration/Dividends/Pension;
- a bank statement/savings account that clearly shows consistent incoming values from an identifiable source;
- a dated proof of an award/payment made to you;
- an investment portfolio;
- an inheritance;
- proof of betting activity (as supportive evidence).
Restrictions may be added to a customers’ account, and we may not be able to accept any further business from you in the event of these obligations not being met satisfactorily.
Examples of pictures we accept:
A photo with ID next to face - ID cannot be obscured and it should not cover your face. The picture cannot be also mirrored.
Photos of your bank cards - the first six and last four digits should be visible on both; front and back of your bank card pictures. You should also obscure the CVV code on the backside of your card.
Proof of address should be not cropped and all four corners of the document have to be visible. The document should display the date of issue, which cannot be older than 3 months.