General Rules of Sportsbook
General Rules of Sportsbook
The rules and regulations for sportsbook are divided into General Rules for Sportsbook and Special Rules for each sport for ease of understanding. Both General and Special Rules will be referred to as the Rules.
The Rules are part of the agreement between STS and the Player. Terms and Conditions shall apply, and all definitions from those terms and conditions shall apply to the Rules.
If there are differences between the original English version and the translated version of the Rules, the English version shall apply.
- GENERAL RULES
- The Player declares upon the placement of a bet:
- That they are over 18 years of age and that their personal information provided in the registration process is complete, valid and up to date.
- That they have been sufficiently informed regarding the betting rules for all types of sports and are aware of betting and payout limits and accept them.
- That they are not aware or do not have knowledge of the outcome of the event upon which the respective bet is placed prior to the conclusion.
- That they will not take part in any manipulations which may influence or alter the outcome of an event or several events which they placed a bet on, and that they are not aware of any manipulations of these events.
- That the funds they placed a bet with, do not originate from any unlawful activity and that they are legally entitled to use them.
- That they do not place bets upon the instructions (of) or in association with other parties and it is their sole decision.
- That they are not a member of a group that is barred from betting on the Website. These are in particular: participants in the betting events on offer, functionaries, coaches, active athletes or contestants, staff members of bookies or bet-placement companies.
- STS is entitled to cancel all or selected bets at any time and/or to void any winnings if the Player provided us with incorrect declarations set out above and/or to bar the Player from all future betting, to close the Account and to pay out the remaining funds.
- STS is not obliged to provide additional information such as the type of competition (e.g. league match or cup match), shorter/extra time matches (e.g. in the case of friendly matches, youth matches, mini-tournaments), match sites (e.g. neutral grounds), racing distances, etc. If there is additional information, this will not have any influence on the settlement of the bets. The same applies to all types of statistics, tables and live scores.
- STS is entitled to void respective bets if there is suspicion of manipulation or betting fraud. In such a situation the stake monies in the bets in question shall be credited to the Account, and the Player shall be barred from future betting on the Website, the Account shall be closed and the remaining funds paid out. Suspicion of manipulation or betting fraud is deemed to be present if, for example, one or more of the following criteria have been met:
- Staked funds on betting events with an unusual outcome.
- Staked funds with unusually high payout results.
- Multiple betting with unusual matches and/or leagues.
- Staged bets with the same or pronounced changes in combinations.
- Betting which suggests a group of betters is connected in terms of time and content.
- STS reserves the right to not accept bets in some instances or to limit the number of bets without the obligation of providing the reason. No person should be allowed to have more than one Account. STS reserves the right to close all multiple accounts at any time. STS reserves the right to revoke a Player’s privilege if they placed identical bets with two/or more Accounts. This might lead to the confiscation of winnings and cancellation of all placed bets including already determined bets.
- Bets will be settled after the result is announced. STS reserves the right to settle the funds after any investigations are completed if there is a suspicion of fraud in relation to the match-fixing of a particular event.
- If an amount was credited to the Account by mistake, the Player is responsible for reporting it as soon as possible. All winnings occurring as a result of an error or mistake are considered invalid, and STS has the right to revoke all mistakenly credited funds.
- STS has the right to correct any obvious errors or mistakes. In case of obvious errors, STS reserves the right to deem all affected bets invalid and refund all stakes. Moreover, if the bet is accepted at a price that is significantly different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was made or clearly incorrect considering the chance of the outcome occurring, then STS has the right to void such bets. An obvious error could be made as a result of human error or system-related technical problems which might lead to incorrect information being published on the Website. For example, wrong over/under line, incorrectly displayed (reversed) handicap line, wrong name of the team or participant, clearly wrong odds or incorrect decimal place (25 instead of 2.5), incorrect deadlines or any technical errors etc.
- It is not allowed to place bets within the same bet slip that stands in direct correlation. These kinds of bets might be deemed void even after the result of the event is determined.
- The maximum stake of the bet is dependent on the amount STS accepts at the time the bet is placed and may vary for each sport and individual player. If the bet is higher than the automatic acceptance level set out by STS (such amount might be changed without prior notice), then the stake will be examined manually (Super Bet function). All bets sent for manual acceptance may be rejected, partially accepted or fully accepted regardless of how the request is made by the Player. STS reserves the right to decline any bet that is up for manual approval. Any bet that, for whatever reason, has not been manually reviewed before the game starting time - will get automatically voided. STS reserves the right to separately establish all betting limits for each individual player and bet.
- If for some reason, a betting market or event is not covered by the rules and regulations - including special rules placed on the betting market on the website, STS reserves the right to determine the outcome of each event on a case-by-case basis.
- In case of contrary notes between the rules and regulations, for example, between Special Rules for a specific sport and Specific Rules on the Event or Market, the following order of priority will be applied (in order of their importance):
- Specific Rules for the Event/Market (available next to the Event or Market on the Website)
- Special Rules for Each Sport
- General Rules for the Sportsbook
- Terms and Conditions
- STS can withdraw any events/markets/selections from offer at any time, even during a live event.
- Unless otherwise stated all bets on Abandoned, Postponed or Cancelled matches are Void if not replayed or scheduled within 24 hours of the original start time.
- STS, as a Gambling Commission's licensed operator is obliged to notify the Commission’s Sports Betting Intelligence Unit (SBIU) about information that may relate to offences under the Gambling Act or lead the Commission to consider voiding a bet.
- STS is obliged to inform the relevant Sport Governing Body (SGB) of any suspected breaches of sports betting rules, or breaches that may lead the Commission to consider voiding a bet.
- The Gambling Commission in particular situations has powers to void bets. Where the Commission exercises this power, any contract or other arrangement relating to the bet will be void, and any money paid in relation to the bet must be returned to the person who paid it. The power to void a bet only applies to the parties to a specific bet; it does not apply to all bets placed on an event.
- PLACING BETS
- When a bet is placed and accepted, the Account is charged the relevant amount. The Player must check whether the bet is correct before confirming it. After the bet is confirmed, it is not possible to cancel or change the bet. We reserve the right not to accept or accept only a partial stake.
- When several bets are placed by the Player, they will be settled in the receiving order. Several bets may be treated as one when the Player sends multiple copies of the same bet. STS reserves the right to void all bets in which there may be evidence of collusion between two or more Players or if there is a suspicion that the Account is used by different users.
- The acceptance and payout of bets are subject to different limits, in particular: the limit on the number of bets that can be placed, betting market limit, maximum payout limit and a personal player’s limit. The aforementioned limits are subject to change without previous notice and will be stated on the betting note or listed on the Account. STS reserves the right to limit the stakes of bets before accepting a bet and/or change the odds before a bet is placed.
- All odds are subject to fluctuation. Any bet that is accepted after the official start time of the event is considered void unless otherwise stated (such as in the case of live in-play bets).
- If for any reason we are unable to validate the outcome of a particular market (for example, due to loss of live pictures), all bets will be void, unless the settlement of a bet is already determined.
- For events where there is no official 'off-time', the declared original start time of the event will be deemed the 'off-time'. If for any reason a prematch bet is inadvertently accepted after a match or event has started, all bets placed after the actual start of the event (i.e. start of the match, the beginning of the Set or Race, etc.) will be declared invalid and refunded. Disputes over times when bets are placed will be settled using the transaction logs on our servers. All times stated on the website and/or referred to by STS staff relate to UK Time unless stated otherwise.
- In-Play/Live betting - where we have good reason to suspect that a bet is placed after the outcome of an event/market is known, or after the selected participant or team has gained a material advantage (e.g. a score, sending off etc) STS reserves the right to void (or return) the bet, win or lose.
- If for any reason STS is unable to properly validate the outcome of a particular market (e.g. due to loss of information), all bets will be void, unless resulting of bets is already previously determined.
- VALID BETS:
- A bet is only deemed to be valid once an ID has been assigned and its status is accepted. The bet can then be viewed in the “my bets” section.
- The Player acknowledges that it is their responsibility to make sure that they fully understand the Rules and the T&Cs.
- STS is not responsible for a bet not being placed for any reason, including but not limited to computer malfunctions, failure of telecommunication services or failure of Internet connections. We will not honour bets that have been submitted to us, but not confirmed as described above.
- The Player shall not employ or make use of any system or artificial intelligence software including but not limited to computers, machines, software or other automated systems designed specifically to defeat or manipulate our software. We will not honour any bets resultant or connected with the use of such systems or artificial intelligence software.
- All the bets placed after the result of the respective market has been determined (so called “late bets”), regardless of the reason, are deemed invalid and will be void.
- STS reserves the right to suspend a market and/or cancel any bet/wager at any time. When a market is suspended, any bets entered will be rejected. STS also reserves the right to cease betting on any markets at any time without notice.
- STS reserves the right to withhold payment of winnings and to declare bets on an event void if we have evidence that the following has occurred: (1) the integrity of the event has been questioned; (2) the price(s) has been manipulated; or (3) match fixing has taken place. Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with STS across any of our betting channels. A decision given by the relevant governing body of the sport in question (if any) will be conclusive. If any player owes any money to STS for any reason, STS has the right to take that into account before making any payments to that player.
- If a single bet is declared void, the stake amount shall be returned to the Player's Account. In case of a multiple bet, any void selection will have odds of 1.00 or 0/1 and the total odds will be adjusted accordingly (the multiple bet can still be won if all other selections are won).
- In the case of a series of bets being placed by individuals or a syndicate to manipulate Betting Rules, STS has the right to withhold/stop payment or winnings until such a time that STS is satisfied no Rules have been broken.
- Bets will not be valid if there are insufficient funds in your account.
- A bet that you request will only be valid once accepted by STS servers. Each valid bet will receive a unique transaction code/ID. STS shall not be liable for the settlement of any bets, which are not issued with a unique transaction code/ID. If you are unsure about the validity of a bet, please check your account history or contact us.
- In case of any dispute between STS and the Player concerning placement, settlement, validity, voidance of bets, both the Player and STS accept that the STS transaction log database shall be considered as the valid and indisputable source of information and evidence binding upon the Parties.
- Winnings will be credited to the Account after the confirmation of the result by STS.
- Winnings from resulting bets are added to the balance of your betting account. In case you are placing a bet with bonus funds, winnings from resolved bets might be added to the bonus balance and might be subject to wagering requirements, according to the specific terms of the promotional offer in which you took part. Any funds/winnings credited to an account in error are not to be considered available for use, and STS reserves the right to void any transactions involving such funds and/or withdraw the relevant amount from your account and/or reverse the transaction, either at the time or thereafter when found.
- The maximum payout for each bet to the Player is £100,000 (one hundred thousand pounds) for any amount placed and for any type of bet, whether it is a single bet, a multiple bet or a system of more columns (for example, if the sum of the payout of any winning column exceeds the limit of £100,000 (one hundred thousand pounds), STS will pay the Player no more than £100,000 (one hundred thousand pounds in total).
- The Player acknowledges and accepts that due to a system deficiency:
-the "Possible Win" information on the bet slip might not reflect the limitations described in the Terms and Conditions, and as a consequence, this information shall not constitute any grounds for the Player in case of winning to claim the amount described in the "Possible Win" section;
-the amount won by the Player on a single bet, a multiple bet or a system of more columns might be displayed as exceeding the amount described in point 4.3. herein, however, the maximum payout is strictly subject to limitations described in 4.3 herein and shall not exceed the said amount.
- When two or more competitors finish the event with an identical classification, the winning bets will be settled according to the “dead heat” rule. The win amount will be divided by the number of tied competitors. E.g. your potential win was 50 GBP but two runners finished in first place - in this case, the winning amount of 25 GBP will be credited to your account.
- The “Possible Win” or “To Return” calculation available on the Website is for information purposes only, and all bets will be calculated using the stake at the odds accepted. In multiple bets with a void selection(s) the “Possible Win” or “To Return” figure is reduced in line with this selection being removed only.
5. CASH OUT FEATURE
1. STS offers a Cash Out option which is available on selected events, fixtures and markets both pre-match and In-Play/Live, on single and multiple bets, for a variety of sports including football, tennis and basketball. You can see the special logo ($) on the markets while making bets. If the ($) is not displayed, Cash Out is not available on that sport or market.
2. If you wish to Cash Out, all you need to do is click on the ($) or “Cash Out” button located in your open bet or bet history details. If you choose to Cash Out, the amount offered will be settled and the final result relating to your bet will have no impact on the amount returned to your account.
3. If you would like to partially Cash Out your bet, simply use the slider on the Cash Out popup to adjust your original stake amount to the amount you want to Cash Out. Once you have selected the correct amount, click “Cash Out”. The remainder of your stake will be settled in accordance with the final result relating to your bet.
4. The amount offered will depend on the performance of your selection(s) and may be higher or lower than your original stake enabling you to guarantee a profit or minimise a potential loss.
5. Where Cash Out is available pre-event and we do not cover the event In-Play/Live then Cash Out will be unavailable once the event starts.
6. The availability of the Cash Out feature is not guaranteed for any event or betting market at any time, even if it has been offered for the given event/betting market beforehand.
7. STS is not liable in case the Cash Out feature is not available due to technical issues or any other reasons
6. BET TYPES
STS offers the following bet types:
1.Single Bet: a bet on a single event. If your prediction proves correct, you win the bet.
2. Multiple: A bet with two or more selections. All selections must win to get a return. In case one of the selections in a Multiple bet is considered void, the other selections must win to get a return.
3. System: As soon as you have entered at least three or more picks on the bet slip, you can place a system bet. To do so, click on the “System” tab. The number of possible system bets depends on the number of predicted outcomes. The system bets possible with your picks will be displayed automatically.
4. Chain: A bet which is a combination of single bets including events independent from each other. The sum of a single bet on each chainevent is equal to the sum of the chain. The Player is given a chance to determine independently the order of the bets included in the chain and stake only on the first event of the chain. Thus, the concept of a "chain account " is used. After the tournament of each single bet included in the chain; the sum of that account is calculated. Initially, it is equal to the sum of the first bet. If the sum on the chain account is less than its initial sum, the single bet of the chain’s next event is calculated using the account balance. The procedure of the chain's calculation depends on the order of bets mentioned in the given slip, rather than chronologically. The sum which remains on the account after the calculation of all bets in the chain, is subject to payment. If the sum on the account reaches zero - the chain breaks and is considered to be lost.